Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good article about Zoe Keating's success through the internet

Hat tip to my friend ZAGrrl on Twitter:

Interesting article by Sarah Lacy in TechCrunch about popular cellist Zoe Keating (zoecello on Twitter):

"Zoe Keating: Web Fame that Actually Translated to a Career"

[Ed. note. You can probably guess that my favorite passage is this one:

[S]he gets that the model for musicians is thoroughly broken and she revels in it. I asked if she would take a huge record deal if it came to her now and she said “no” before I could finish the question. “I would definitely do it myself because I don’t want to compromise,” she said.


Keywords: lawyer digital copyright law online internet law legal download upload peer to peer p2p file sharing filesharing music movies indie independent label freeculture creative commons pop/rock artists riaa independent mp3 cd favorite songs intellectual property portable music player

1 comment:

TFATDHQ said...

Brilliant stuff - the same ideas have worked for my music career