Tuesday, September 18, 2007

RIAA Asks for Adjournment in Warner v. Cassin Due to Timothy Reynolds Having Jury Trial in Duluth, Minnesota, in Virgin v. Thomas

The RIAA has requested an adjournment of the October 5th status conference in Warner v. Cassin, due to Timothy Reynolds's commitment to start a jury trial on October 2nd in Virgin v. Thomas in Duluth, Minnesota.

September 18, 2007, Letter of Timothy M. Reynolds to Hon. Stephen C. Robinson

* Document published online at Internet Law & Regulation

Keywords: digital copyright online law legal download upload peer to peer p2p file sharing filesharing music movies indie independent label freeculture creative commons pop/rock artists riaa independent mp3 cd favorite songs




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Does this mean that if I'm sued by the RIAA I can ask for proceedings to be delayed because I have to go to work at my office and I don't have the time to deal with litigation?

AMD FanBoi said...

matthew: nice way of putting it!

Reluctant Raconteur said...

Ray,

Is this something that is routinely granted?

raybeckerman said...

Yes it is russell.

And I would almost never oppose such a request by an adversary.